Thursday, November 8, 2007

Clarence Thomas

I love Clarence Thomas.
I remember when I used to be a liberal and 1991 was one of those dark years. What I recall is that I opposed Thomas because, as a Bush nominee, he was going to destroy life as I knew it....like all Republican conservative judges. When the Anita Hill charges came out, I remember thinking: so what? Sexual harassment is such a non-issue for me since the vast majority of the time it is used to exact revenge on (usually male) bosses by shrill harpies who annoy the hell out of everybody. And aren't we built for sex? I mean, come on..how are we gonna keep the species going with attitudes like Anita Hill's? I guess I believed her at the time, but I didn't care.
Now I've investigated it and IMO, Anita Hill is a lying witch. I find Thomas's side of the story (or absence of a story) to be much more credible. Anyhoo, I recommend My Grandfather's Son.

As an added bonus I love everything he's done as a justice.

No comments: